1 x The Little Green Sheep Organic Wool Cot Bed Mattress for cot bed size 70cm wide x 140cm long x 10cm deep. Designed to fit standard sized cot beds it offers a deep, firm support. Handmade in the UK from 6 luxurious layers of certified organic Welsh wool and 100% chemical free natural coconut coir. This mattress has a deep springy core of coir bound with a pure natural latex (sap from the Hevea tree). This combination acts as a thousand tiny springs which will ensure even weight distribution across the surface and reduces the risk of sagging.
Its inherent properties make it naturally fire retardant, anti dust mite and will dispel moisture creating an environment that will help prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. This is a high quality cot mattress that gives a comfortable yet firm support and has been built for long lasting use. Recommended for ages from newborn to 5 years.
Your Little Green Sheep Organic Wool Cot Bed Mattress will come with a luxurious (non-removable), durable, unbleached, organic cotton herringbone cover. We strongly recommend that you purchase the mattress protector at the same time to protect your mattress and cover. The waterproof mattress protector will help to create an anti dust mite layer and protect your mattress from wetness and can be purchased separately.
Little Green Sheep guarantees this mattress for 5 years. This covers any manufacturing defects over a 5 year period from the date of delivery. This guarantee will be void should the mattress be mis-used in any way as detailed in the terms of warranty published by The Little Green Sheep.
Measurement: 70cm wide x 140cm long x 10cm deep
Material: Coconut coir, natural fleece wool, natural latex
Outer cover: 100% Organic cotton - unbleached
If you have ordered your mattress early and plan to store it for more than two weeks, do remove it from the cardboard packaging it comes in. Gently and carefully pierce the polyethene wrapping so that the mattress is allowed to breathe. Keep the mattress in a room with consistent temperature and not in a loft or a shed for example.
Turn your mattress once every three months:
Regularly turning the mattress provides your baby with an even sleeping surface.
Hoover your mattress:
Regular hoovering of the mattess will help reduce the risk of dust mites.
Stains & soiling:
Little Green Sheep mattresses are not waterproof and not removable - a mattress protector will help prevent stains and wetness from occuring. The process of waterproofing mattresses can restrict air circulation and reduce breathability. A mattress protector which lays flat on top will help protect your mattress from little accidents and also help keep out dust mites. If your mattress does get soiled you can lightly sponge the cover with a mild detergent and air out until completely dry. Always ensure the mattress is completely dry before reusing.
- The safest place for your baby to sleep is on its back, in a cot, crib or moses basket in a room with you for the first 6 months.
- Check your baby regularly to ensure that they do not become too hot or too cold, and keep your baby's head uncovered while sleeping
- Do not cover your baby's face or head while they are sleeping, or use loose bedding
- Babies do not need especially warm rooms (around 16-20 degrees Celsius is recommended).
- Babies should never sleep next to a radiator or in direct sunlight.
- Place your baby on their back, rather than on their front or side
- Place your baby with their feet to the foot of the cot, to prevent them wriggling down under the covers, or use a baby sleep bag.
The Little Green Sheep mattresses are naturally fire proof meeting BS standards BS7177 without using any chemicals.
- made with the finest natural, chemical free materials possible
- an ideal level of support, as recommended by experts
- made with luxurious organic welsh wool
- provides a natural, non toxic sleeping environment for your baby
- comes with a durable organic cotton herringbone cover
- designed and manufactured in the UK