Measurement: 70cm wide x 140cm long x 10cm deep
Material: Coconut coir, natural fleece wool, natural latex
Outer cover: 100% Organic cotton - unbleached
If you have ordered your mattress early and plan to store it for more than two weeks, do remove it from the cardboard packaging it comes in. Gently and carefully pierce the polyethene wrapping so that the mattress is allowed to breathe. Keep the mattress in a room with consistent temperature and not in a loft or a shed for example.
Turn your mattress once every three months:
Regularly turning the mattress provides your baby with an even sleeping surface.
Hoover your mattress:
Regular hoovering of the mattess will help reduce the risk of dust mites.
Stains & soiling:
Little Green Sheep mattresses are not waterproof and not removable - a mattress protector will help prevent stains and wetness from occuring. The process of waterproofing mattresses can restrict air circulation and reduce breathability. A mattress protector which lays flat on top will help protect your mattress from little accidents and also help keep out dust mites. If your mattress does get soiled you can lightly sponge the cover with a mild detergent and air out until completely dry. Always ensure the mattress is completely dry before reusing.
- The safest place for your baby to sleep is on its back, in a cot, crib or moses basket in a room with you for the first 6 months.
- Check your baby regularly to ensure that they do not become too hot or too cold, and keep your baby's head uncovered while sleeping
- Do not cover your baby's face or head while they are sleeping, or use loose bedding
- Babies do not need especially warm rooms (around 16-20 degrees Celsius is recommended).
- Babies should never sleep next to a radiator or in direct sunlight.
- Place your baby on their back, rather than on their front or side
- Place your baby with their feet to the foot of the cot, to prevent them wriggling down under the covers, or use a baby sleep bag.
The Little Green Sheep mattresses are naturally fire proof meeting BS standards BS7177 without using any chemicals.